Re: Transposing an entire score

From: Ben
Subject: Re: Transposing an entire score
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2017 12:07:34 -0500

On 11/7/2017 11:54 AM, address@hidden wrote:
I have a piece of choral music written in 7 parts. It's around 80 bars long.
It's in the key of F major, which is too low for my choir.
I'd like to transpose it up 3 semitones to A flat major.
I'm new to Lilypond and the syntax gives me nightmares. I read the manual's section on transposing and now have a headache.
Please could someone either give me an idiot's guide to how to do this, or amend the enclosed.

Hi Peter,

What about the syntax is giving you nightmares?

You could transpose pretty much all music by just a line (maybe two) of code.

You want to go up a 3rd? No problem.
Down a tritone? No problem. :)

\score {\transpose x y .... ...etc }

\transposition I believe is more for transposing instruments in orchestral scores, etc.
(maybe that is confusing you?)

Are you using Frescobaldi? If so, it's even easier than that...

FYI your zip file contains many files....