Re: Harmonics and quoted music

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Harmonics and quoted music
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2017 21:49:18 +0100

David Kastrup <address@hidden> writes:

> Shevek <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> I just noticed that the following code works fine on 2.19, but crashes on
>> 2.18 without an error message:
>>
>> \addQuote "test" { <c'\harmonic g>2 }
>>
>> \new Staff {
>>   \quoteDuring #"test" {
>>     s2
>>   }
>> }
>>
>> I don't see anything about this in the 2.20 changes documentation.
>
> Fixes of bugs such as crashes are not part of the Changes documentation.
>
>> What's going on here?
>
> A crash.  Not overly interested in tracking this one down, I'll readily
> admit, since it isn't there any more.

Actually, it sounds like it might have gotten fixed with

commit 3d54e4a6f45ccfb3847290cd0bdbefe4d21d7924
Author: David Kastrup <address@hidden>
Date:   Sat Feb 27 11:41:08 2016 +0100

    Issue 4718/1: In-chord tie in cue causes segfault

    This extends transposition functionality from Music expressions to
    Prob in general since Stream_event also needs transposition in the
    context of quoted music.  While at top level, Stream_event is
    processed using the container-agnostic transpose_mutable, this does
    not extend to the actual contents, and at least a Stream_event's
    articulation list does not consist of Music expressions but again of
    Stream_event elements.

--
David Kastrup