Re: Fw: midi volume single note

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: Fw: midi volume single note
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2017 15:04:38 +0000

On Mon, 2017-11-13 at 15:48 +0100, David Kastrup wrote:
> "address@hidden" <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > Verzonden vanaf mijn Huawei mobiele telefoon

Actually, I think it is fairly important for getting a realistic sound
on releasing a note on a harpsichord - there is a distinct rasp on
releasing a harpsichord note (as the quill goes past the string which is
still vibrating) and this, as David says, is by itself not much musical
use, but it also affects how sharp the damping is (at least with
traditional side-damping). I created a faked-up version of this effect
which I implemented inside Denemo - you can hear it in the attached
sample - the short chords have more "tail" than the long ones.

Richard