Re: [OT] Linux Users

From: Brett M. Gilio
Subject: Re: [OT] Linux Users
Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2017 13:12:09 -0600

On 11/18/2017 07:26 AM, David Kastrup wrote:
> Andrew Bernard <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Hi Brett,
>>
>> I use Linux for most of my work, and for all my lilypond work.
>>
>> What are you trying to establish, may I ask? A statistical survey of
>> platform usage? Or are you really asking about what graphical tools are
>> available? Your query seems to have multiple aspects.
>>
>> The Linux platform is strongly supported by the lilypond developers.
>>
>> I seem to rememver there was some sort of usage survey on the list a
>> couple of years ago.
> I think that most people used LilyPond with Windows, including some core
> developers (who use VMs for their development activities).  Somewhat
> sobering.  But certainly a good validation for the Gub setup allowing us
> to provide Windows binaries that are up-to-date.

Hi David,

   I have been a GNU/Linux + Lilypond user for some years now, and I did
not know that the core developers used windows. Do you know much about
the compatibility differences between windows binaries and the original
lilypond build or is it ported directly from the build?

Brett M. Gilio
B.S. Biological Sciences
B.M. Music Composition
http://www.brettgilio.com/

"Sometimes the obvious is the enemy of the true."
- G. Stolzenberg