Re: [OT] Linux Users

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: [OT] Linux Users
Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2017 18:01:52 +0100

Am 19.11.2017 um 17:55 schrieb Malte Meyn:
I would love to see an introduction to that toolchain on lilypondblog.org. Jacques, would you write such a post, please?

That would be nice.

Communication has already started ;-)

And maybe, if or when this has been tested enough by different users on different systems, it could become part of the official lilypond releases? I’m not sure whether this could be done without manual installation of the files in a directory that can be seen by LaTeX … But at least a mention in the docs would be nice.

As far as I can tell the cleanest (and easiest) way would be to publish the package on CTAN so it will be included in TeX distros like TeXLive (like it is the case with lilyglyphs). *Then* of course it should be mentioned in the LilyPond docs too.

Urs