Re: automatic beaming of tuplets only - is this possible ?

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: automatic beaming of tuplets only - is this possible ?
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2017 08:55:27 +0100

Am 21. November 2017 07:14:01 MEZ schrieb Eby Mani <address@hidden>:
>Hi All, I couldn't find how achieve the following, i tried fiddling
>with \set Timing and \overrideTimeSignatureSettings related commands
>for beaming.
>
>1, Automatically replace tuplet bracket with a slur.
>
>2, Automatically break beaming of tuplets of value 16. If no tuplet,
>then the beaming should default.
>e.g. by default lilypond beams tuplets {c16 d e} and f8 together. What
>i want is the f8 should not be beamed together with tuplet. And if
>there is { c16 d32 e f16 } in a tuplet, it should be beamed together.
>
>Is point number 2 possible without manual beam breaks ?.

Not yet. We have just started a discussion about how tuplets should affect
beaming and the subdivision of secondary beams.
Hopefully this will be fixed in the foreseeable future.
Which leads to ...

>I'm on lilypond 2.16.2 on ubuntu

This is *really* outdated. 2.18 has been the stable release for years now, and
you should switch at least to that version.

Urs