Windows 10

From: mhambach
Subject: Windows 10
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2017 20:33:10 +0100

Hi everybody,

didn’t find anybody from the German user group, so I try here.

I used to work with lilypond under Win Vista (lilypond V 2.18.2).

Than I switched to a new PC having Win 10.

Since than I didn’t manage to get lilypond working. I installed the package.

I first installed V 2.19.55 and 80 respectively:

I don’t get any output, not even a log file. Running it in a dos box, these are the last lines:

Line brakes are being calculated...C:/Program Files (x86)/LilyPond/usr/share/lilypond/current/scm/backend-library.scm:176:20: In procedure mkstemp! in _expression_ (mkstemp! tmpl):

C:/Program Files (x86)/LilyPond/usr/share/lilypond/current/scm/backend-library.scm:176:20: Permission denied

Seems that I have some permission problems. However, on which directory?!

Then I went back to the Version I used on my old PC:

The error message is slightly different, but still leading to the same result: no output at all….

Line brakes are being calculated...C:/Program Files (x86)/LilyPond/usr/share/lilypond/current/scm/framework-ps.scm:450:22: In procedure open-file in _expression_ (open-file filename "wb"):

C:/Program Files (x86)/LilyPond/usr/share/lilypond/current/scm/framework-ps.scm:450:22: Permission denied: "song.ps"

The same file on my old computer works fine…

I could find any hint at all on the web.

Any help is highly appreciated…Look forward to hearing from you….

Thanks a lot in advance

Best regards from Germany

Matthias