Re: Black Mensural notation support

From: Graham King
Subject: Re: Black Mensural notation support
Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2017 22:26:40 +0000

On Fri, 2017-12-01 at 17:58 +1100, Giampaolo Orrigo wrote:

While searching for lilypond support of black mensural notation, I found the following in openlilylib: blackmensural-notation/definitions.ily (attached)
The version under which it was developed is 2.12 and when I convert it convert-ly is not able to convert everything (error messages are in the file as comments).
My knowledge of the inner workings of Lilypond is too limited to perform manual conversion, so I was wondering if anybody ever took a look at it and converted or if anybody is up to the task.

Thanks!

Giampaolo Orrigo, MBA

This code was originally written by Lukas Pietsch, and was on openlilylib purely as a by-product of my pwn abortive attempt to port it to a more recent version of lilypond.

The code has, in any case, been superseded by a more recent version that also will not compile because of missing code.

You can find a fuller explanation at: https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2016-05/msg00212.html

If anyone has access to a working version of this code, or even a reliable way to contact Lukas, please speak up!  There are several of us on the list who would love to be able to use this work.