Re: Windows 10

From: Wols Lists
Subject: Re: Windows 10
Date: Sat, 2 Dec 2017 10:49:26 +0000

On 01/12/17 14:15, address@hidden wrote:
> Everything worked fine but after one fateful OS update I found to extra
> folders in C:\windows\users\  , PETERDESKTOP and PETERDESKTOP.000.

Did this update do a "clean install" of Windows?

That sounds to me like you've done a fresh install of Windows over an
existing setup, so PETERDESKTOP was the original user, and because you
(or the upgrade) created a new PETERDESKTOP user, it had to create a new
PETERDESKTOP.000 folder as the home folder.

I suspect you want to merge the original PETERDESKTOP folder into the
new PETERDESKTOP.000, but I'm not sure what side effects that will have ...

Cheers,
Wol