Ties between bottom two staff lines and top two staff lines positioned s

From: Robert Murdoch
Subject: Ties between bottom two staff lines and top two staff lines positioned strangely
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2017 08:10:47 +0000

Hi,

Two days ago, I posted a topic to the mailing list called "Tie Crusade: The Revenge" where I informed that ties between the bottom two staff lines (e.g. treble F4, bass A2, alto G3) and between the top two staff lines (e.g. treble E5, bass G3, alto F4) are positioned strangely; they are positioned between the notes and touch the staff lines.

In retrospect, I should not have called the topic "Tie Crusade: The Revenge" because it gives no clue as to what I'm talking about in the post. Unsurprisingly, nobody replied.

Is there any way to fix the tie issue without applying \override TieColumn.tie-configuration = #'((dir . position)) to every tie that is positioned like this? And will there be a patch for this?