Re: Custom note heads

From: Helge Kruse
Subject: Re: Custom note heads
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2017 09:42:58 +0100

Hi Andrew,

Am 17.12.2017 um 00:55 schrieb Andrew Bernard:
> Hi Helge,
>
> What sort of shapes do you want? Can you supply an illustration? [A MGE -
> minimal graphic example!]
I am not sure that this is as minimal as possible. But the intended
heads and an example is attached at this mail.

> You can use graphic files, or you can write Scheme to generate custom
> postscript paths. The latter can be very complex, but is of course very
> powerful. or you can use path construction commands for the stencil of the
> notehead.
Since the actual graphics look like drawings it should be possible to
use coded drawing commands. This would have the benefit of better
scalability.

> There are quite a few examples on LSR of how to make different shape
> noteheads. You may find id 891 to be the simplest, avoiding postscript
> (which has some disadvantages in relation to SVG output if you need that).
Yea, there are some examples. Will start experimenting with it.

Best regards
Helge