Re: Is anyone maintaining midi2ly?

From: Michael Ellis
Subject: Re: Is anyone maintaining midi2ly?
Date: Mon, 01 Jan 2018 22:20:30 +0000

On Sat, Dec 30, 2017 at 6:08 PM <address@hidden> wrote:
David Kastrup:
> Michael Ellis <address@hidden> writes:
> > The MuseScore output is correct and matches the tempo and meter items
> > embedded in the original midi file (attached).  I've also verified with 2 different
> > DAW's (Reaper and Logic X) that the midi file is imported correctly.

The midi file matches your msc2-meter-example.png, I can show you
(Michael) a dump if you like.
Thanks, Karl. Always good to have a sanity check.

Nice idea to have c--c mean c8. c16 which is much more error prone to
type.
 Also easier to edit if you change your mind.  To make it a triplet rhythm, just delete a dash to get c-c, or add a dash to get a quintuplet 60/40 swing, i.e. c--c-

You could probably change your python program to output lilypond code
directly.
I'm hoping an enthusiastic contributor will send a pull request. Ditto for musicXML.  :-)
Seriously, I decided to focus on midi output because it's the only thing that almost all the other music software will import, more or less.

Thanks for the interest and feedback and sorry to take a couple of days to respond.  I'll plead New Years celebrations (and also adding GM instrument support to tbon.)
Cheers,
Mike
--
Write music faster with Tbon.