Re: fret-diagram for button accordion and/or free bass accordion

From: Gianmaria Lari
Subject: Re: fret-diagram for button accordion and/or free bass accordion
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2018 12:55:32 +0100

Ach!! I entered a small mistake in test2.ly. Here it is the correct one.

On 11 January 2018 at 12:53, Gianmaria Lari <address@hidden> wrote:
On 11 January 2018 at 11:25, Sebastian Menge <address@hidden> wrote:
Thanks Gianmaria, thanks for this. VerY interesting! The output looks good, but I would to change it a bit. I have to learn a little scheme for this as it seems.

Btw: I have frequent challenges when writing for accordion and wonder if I am the only one. Examples are:

- Registers (current module can be improved)
- Stradella bass
- Specific signs for bellows related stuff like signs for changing pull/push (like breathing), Vibrato, Bellowsshake

Are there instrument specific sub communities ??

Thanks, Sebastian!

Ciao Sebastian,

I have very modest competence in lilypond. I have rewritten many pieces for accordion with lilypond but just for my personal use (well, not really for me, for my daughter). My first interest is about midi output and this is surely not the first lilypond goal. Anyway, regarding your questions: I wrote something to make easier writing using "standard" bass accordion notation for stradella bass system. It is in the attached file AccordionStandardBass.ly.

The file test2.ly is an example.

The basic idea was write just one command to generate the "standard" bass accordion notation for chords and also generate the corresponding midi output.
For example this code:

  \xco \xcM \removeWithTag #'chordLetter {\xcM \xcM }

will render this:

Inline images 1

and at the same time generate this midi output

Inline images 2

My solution has a lot of limitations but it works for what I need. And today I could probably improve it. Sorry also for the naming (xco, xcM etc. etc.). These should also be refactored.

Try it, if you're interested I will be happy to explain more and better, how to use it.

Best regards, g.
P.S. Sorry if I put the image "in the email" and I didn't attached them. Let me know if this is always a bad netiquette. I found it much more practical for the readers having text and related image near each other.