Re: How to append a git version to an output filename

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: How to append a git version to an output filename
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2018 11:41:35 +0100

Hi Ben,

Am 14.01.2018 um 03:17 schrieb Ben Beeson:
Hello all,

I am using git to keep track of edits to scores and am presently using

\bookOutputName "score-filename"

to write the output filename for the pdf that is generated in the LilyPond "ly" file. I am also using

"git Version: \gitCommitish "

in the tagline so the generated pdf has the git version information included in the score that is generated. I am wondering if there is a way to include \gitCommitish in \bookOutputSuffix so that the output filename looks like:

"score-filename-gitversion.pdf".

So far I have not been able to figure out how to do that or find an existing solution in the snippets, forum or elsewhere. If anyone has a solution, please share it.

You should have a look at https://github.com/openlilylib/snippets/tree/master/editorial-tools/git-commands
I'm not sure if that's up-to-date, and IIRC it doesn't work on windows, but probably you can either use that directly throught the "snippets" package or copy the useful code.

HTH
Urs

Thanks in advance,

Ben