Re: 5 string Banjo Tab

From: Blöchl Bernhard
Subject: Re: 5 string Banjo Tab
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2018 10:05:13 +0100

I have generated lots of Banjo Tabs some time ago and played Banjo clawhammer style. Actually I am on a Laptop away from home and do not have examples here. But in the afternoon I will send examples. Without reading music it is nearly impossible to generate Tabs from the written notes. Reading music is not as hard as people often think. There is no way to write Tabs with lilypond directly omitting music notes. May be you find some help and links for this (if any) at https://www.banjohangout.org/forum/.

To get an idea how lilypond works, see http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.18/Documentation/notation/banjo.

Regards