Re: 5 string Banjo Tab

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: 5 string Banjo Tab
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2018 11:39:19 +0100

Blöchl Bernhard <address@hidden> writes:

> Wildly????????
>
> I refer to your mail from Wednesday Jan 24th 2018, concerning
> "VocaTab" (Topic Re:5 string Banjo Tab), last line of your mail:
>
> "... That's so much of
> a crutch that there may be other side effects."
>
> Can't remember?

That was in reference to creating a six-line tab for seven strings (for
Renaissance lute) and my proposal to use a line-positions list and fudge
around with vertical offsets.

It had nothing whatsoever to do with a different input language and I
have absolutely no idea how you can even imagine that.

> For short I call that proposing problems.

But for a completely different issue.  And certainly not insurmountable
ones: this requires probably few lines of C++ code fixes to do well.
It's just that the current code does not yet contain such fixes.

An entirely different topic is implementing a different input notation
language is certainly more work but likely can be done without even
touching the core of LilyPond.

So please, please, please: never state what you think me to believe.
Quote me (and use sufficient context) so that others have a chance to
get my words without having them filtered through your interpretations.

--
David Kastrup