Re: aligning lyrics to hidden notes

From: David Wright
Subject: Re: aligning lyrics to hidden notes
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2018 10:45:12 -0600

On Mon 29 Jan 2018 at 15:31:42 (-0000), Phil Holmes wrote:
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Sandro Santilli" <address@hidden>

If it's that old, it may be that adding the NullVoice is
adding the implication that there are two voices, a \voiceOne
(melody) and \voiceTwo (bassline). This would drop the rests
and also make low notes stem down (do you get this effect?).

If that is (or rather was) so, I don't think that happens in
newer versions. But it's always necessary to be aware of what
LilyPond adds to your code by way of its implication rather
than your intent.

> 2. Have you read http://lilypond.org/tiny-examples.html?
> Simplifying your problem may lead to a solution.

Cheers,
David.