Re: Fermatas with tremolos

From: N. Andrew Walsh
Subject: Re: Fermatas with tremolos
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2018 10:29:41 +0100

Late to the party, but you asked:

On Mon, Feb 19, 2018 at 11:47 PM, Thomas Morley <address@hidden> wrote:

https://forums.makemusic.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2065&sid=70206c7b17c9cd8107c4ad1250073f0c
But not discussing how it _should_ be done.
I don't have Gould at hand, does she says anything about it?

Gould:189 discusses fermata placement: they are to be centered over the tremolo beams, inside slurs in two-voice writing, outside and above the stave otherwise. It would be nice if there were a way to attach the fermata to the tremolo as a whole and do this placement automatically.

Likewise, in a project I'm working on with Urs Liska, we're having to do a lot of extra code to get proper fermatas on the final barlines of score sections, which I would also like to see as something that … doesn't need all that extra code.