Re: Thriple flat/sharp glyphs...

From: Torsten Hämmerle
Subject: Re: Thriple flat/sharp glyphs...
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2018 07:11:44 -0700 (MST)

Noeck wrote
> I like your "intermediate 3/4 pdf".
> In a very large size (your pdf 400%) they look perfect to me.
> It is hard to tell with the limited resolution of a monitor, but in
> usual sizes (100%) they might be too much overlapping (i.e. still moving
> a little bit towards version 4 might be preferable).
> Printed on paper, the pdf looks right and doesn't need less overlap to
> my eyes.

Yes, I just determined the amount of overlap by the look.
But in any case there'd be still work to do for the other design sizes (11
to 26) of Emmentaler.
The proportions slightly change, and for smaller sizes, we'll need less
overlap, for bigger sizes, there may be more overlap.
It's like in (good) typography: Kernings can be quite extreme in large sizes
(posters, headings), whereas in smaller print (novels) they are much more
subtle and in very small pring (excyclopedias, patient information leaflets)
there is hardly any kerning and the overall letter-spacing is wider.

So, I'll have to calculate the overlap from the design size, as it looks
like...

All the best,
Torsten