Re: Transposing Keyless Brass Parts

From: Glassmenagerie
Subject: Re: Transposing Keyless Brass Parts
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2018 16:54:32 -0700 (MST)

Thanks for the help !

On my computer, I use Linux Ubuntu 16.04.  When you get Frescobaldi from the
Ubuntu repository, it comes with Lilypond 2.18.2.   I've not heard about the
OpenLilyLib auto-transpose snippet.  Where to get it or how to use it.  I'll
do some more research into that.  Thanks.   So, from Torsten's comments, see
how this looks:

First, get the F trumpet some key signatures.  Concert Ab puts the F trumpet
in Eb.   Later in the movement ( not shown in the ex: ) when the concert
pitch changes to C then back to Ab, add the key commands for those: to G and
back to Eb.

Then use the transpose command to get notes and key signature for the Bb
trumpet.

\score {

  \transpose ees bes {
  \relative g' {
  \time 2/4

  \key ees \major

  g8[-.\p g ( aes ) aes] (
  g g4 ) g8 (
  f ) f4 f8 (
  g\<[ ) g ( f\> ees]\! )
  d4 ( c
  bes2 )

  \bar "|."

By accident I came across another possible solution.

\score {

  \transpose c g {
  \relative g' {
  \time 2/4

  g8[-.\p g ( aes ) aes] (
  g g4 ) g8 (
  f ) f4 f8 (
  g\<[ ) g ( f\> ees]\! )
  d4 ( c
  bes2 )

  \bar "|."

This seems to work for the notes.  Any reason not to do this ?  Also there's
no key signature.  The effect is to transpose up 7 intervals.

RDL