Re: calling lilybin (or similar) as a service triggered from a [JavaScri

From: Paul Morris
Subject: Re: calling lilybin (or similar) as a service triggered from a [JavaScript?] form in a web page
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2018 00:06:00 -0400

On 03/13/2018 11:54 AM, Kieren MacMillan wrote:
Hello all,  Has anyone tried to set up a form (e.g., Javascript) in a web page
which, when submitted, triggers a Lilypond-on-server (LoS?)
application/environment (e.g., lilybin.com) and returns a PDF?

I'd like to offer some music and music education documents and templates on my
website, but (a) don’t want to show my Lilypond code, and (b) if possible,
avoid installing and maintaining the Lilypond server installation myself.

Thanks for any hints/advice/pointers.

Hi Kieren,

I've done something in roughly the same ballpark by creating a version of LilyBin for Clairnote music notation:

http://lilybin.clairnote.org/

Not sure if it makes sense for your use case, but check out this blog post for more details.

http://clairnote.org/blog/2017/06/announcing-lilybin-clairnote/

Cheers,
-Paul