Re: Exited with return code -1073741819

From: Bruce Daniel
Subject: Re: Exited with return code -1073741819
Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2018 07:13:10 +1000

Just a bit more information.
The problem only occurs when I have two volta sections back to back.
Cheers, Bruce

On 31 March 2018 at 20:41, Bruce Daniel <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi Lilypond users,

I've come across a recurring problem with strophic songs I'm working on. It seems that beyond a certain level of complexity I get Exit. In the current example it's return code -1073741819, but it can be other codes.

If the engrave fails, I can delete some words from one verse which allows me to add words to another verse. This suggests to me a limiting file size or level of complexity. I've had this problem now with 2 or 3 songs in a 20-song cycle I am working on. The strophic songs are complex in that there are lots of "splits" in the vocal line due to different scanning of the words in different verses.

I am currently half a verse from the end of the last song and cannot manage to finish it! I admit to having no clue as to where the fault is coming from. Obviously a tiny example will not simulate it, so unfortunately I can only attach the whole song. You should find (I have tried this on 2 computers, both Windows 10) that adding a word or two to the last verse will cause the error. Then delete a word or two from the previous verse and it will work again.

Any help you can give would be much appreciated; the project has been a lot of work and the finishing line is in sight!

Lilypond version 2.16.0

Best regards,
Bruce Daniel

PS: the effort to learn Lilypond was absolutely worth the effort. The joy of seeing these completed scores of Shubert's music I cannot describe; no other software comes close! Congratulations to all the developers.