Re: Corrected: Beaming in LilyPond

From: Simon Albrecht
Subject: Re: Corrected: Beaming in LilyPond
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2018 20:52:34 +0200

On 05.04.2018 17:10, Filip May'r wrote:

I understand it may seem unusual to copy the stem direction according to the manuscript, but I'm not sure why you think it is ugly. It's for my personal use, and it worked beautifully for me.

Details matter a lot in typography.
If you mimick the stem lengths and directions of the manuscript in LilyPond, your engraving will still differ from Bach’s manuscript in many ways. It’s a totally different style of engraving, which follows different rules.

Best, Simon