Re: \pushToTag and \appendToTag help

From: Gianmaria Lari
Subject: Re: \pushToTag and \appendToTag help
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2018 09:50:53 +0200

On 13 April 2018 at 09:17, David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:
Gianmaria Lari <address@hidden> writes:

> I didn't understand what I can do and how to use the \pushToTag and
> \appendToTag.
>
> Do you have a very simple example?

\pushToTag #'tag c' \tag #'tag {}

Thank you for the example. It is simple in the sense that it is concise but for me it is not clear. But playing with it you probably make me understand. Is the following the way I should use \pushToTag ?

\version "2.19.81"
var = { a \tag #'ex {} b }

{ \var }
{ \pushToTag #'ex {d' e' } \var }
{ \pushToTag #'ex {a  a  } \var }

How about stating what you _want_ to do?

Yesterday you point out to me these two commands and I just would like to "learn them".

Thank you David for you help. I appreciate it.
g.