Re: using \pushToTag and \removeWithTag consecutively

From: Gianmaria Lari
Subject: Re: using \pushToTag and \removeWithTag consecutively
Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2018 15:34:21 +0200

On 14 April 2018 at 15:15, David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:
Gianmaria Lari <address@hidden> writes:

> I don't understand the behaviour of this code:
>
> \version "2.19.81"
> var = {a \tag #'here {b} a}
> {\var} %Result: a b a
> {\removeWithTag #'here \var}  %Result: a a
> {\pushToTag #'here b! \removeWithTag #'here \var}  %Result: a a ; Expected:
> a b! a
>

> The result is:
>
> a b a - ok!
> a a - ok!
> a a - not ok; shouldn't be "a b! a" ??

\removeWithTag removes the tagged _expression_.  Which includes the tag
itself.

This was what I was afraid of :)

Any idea how I can obtain the same effect? I would like to be able to substitute a note in a variable with another one.
Of course I could use "\pushToTag ... noteA" when I need noteA and  "\pushToTag ... noteB" when i need noteB but I would like that my variable make sense also when I don't use \pushToTag command.
Thank you, g.