Re: Ottava mark: edge dashed line

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: Ottava mark: edge dashed line
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2018 22:32:58 +0200

> Nice. I still thought that this is impossible as it was some time ago (3
> years?).
>
> Is it feasible to align the dots (if I set the dash length to 0) such
> that there is exactly one dot in the top right corner? I.e. start the
> horizontal dotted line from the right end? Then it would be perfect.

If you use dotted-lines the result could be:

\relative c' {
  \override Staff.OttavaBracket.stencil = #ly:line-spanner::print
  \override Staff.OttavaBracket.bound-details =
    #`((left . ((Y . 0) ; Change the integer here
                (attach-dir . ,LEFT)
                (padding . 0)
                (stencil-align-dir-y . ,UP)))
       (right . ((Y . 0) ; Change the integer here
                 (padding . 0)
                 (attach-dir . ,RIGHT)
                 (text .
                   ,#{
                          \markup
                            \override #'(full-length . #f)
                            \override #'(off . 0.15)
                            \draw-dotted-line #'(0 . -4)
                   #}))))

  \override Staff.OttavaBracket.style =
    #'dotted-line
  \override Staff.OttavaBracket.dash-period = #0.4
  \override Staff.OttavaBracket.thickness = #1.5
  \override Staff.OttavaBracket.left-bound-info =
     #ly:line-spanner::calc-left-bound-info-and-text
  \override Staff.OttavaBracket.right-bound-info =
     #ly:line-spanner::calc-right-bound-info

  \ottava #1
  \set Staff.ottavation = #"8"

  c'''1 a

Though, my pdf-viewers present me different results.

With Foxit Reader there's exact one dot at top right.
With evince it looks like the dotted line is half of own thickness
displaced (if other than default-thickness is used).
I'm not really sure with evince, though. Evince can't do more than
400% resolution.

Cheers,
  Harm