Re: frescobaldi destination temp folder

From: Gianmaria Lari
Subject: Re: frescobaldi destination temp folder
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2018 14:54:42 +0200

On 21 April 2018 at 09:44, Gianmaria Lari <address@hidden> wrote:
On 21 April 2018 at 08:39, Urs Liska <address@hidden> wrote:

Am 20.04.2018 um 23:06 schrieb Gianmaria Lari:
When I want to try a lilypond snippet using Frescobaldi, I normally create a new file and I compile it without save it explicitly. Frescobaldi saves it for me in a temporary folder (in my Frescobaldi settings I have "Save the document if possibile" checked).

For example if I do it now, in the lilypond log window I read:

Starting lilypond-windows.exe 2.19.81 [Untitled (4)]... Processing `C:/Users/GIANMA~1/AppData/Local/Temp/frescobaldi-n5pqsywf/tmp0fvvk0ae/document.ly' Parsing... Interpreting music... Preprocessing graphical objects... Interpreting music...

So the termporary path where it is saving my lilypond source is

  C:/Users/GIANMA~1/AppData/Local/Temp/frescobaldi-n5pqsywf/tmp0fvvk0ae/document.ly

I'm writing a small program that make some processing on the lilypond source file and the pdf/png file and I would need this path information.
Does Frescobaldi writes this path in any (log) file? Alternatively, is there any way to make Frescobaldi/lilypond writing the compile result in a file as well as in the lilypond log window?

I'm not sure what you want to achieve here.
It might be possible to access the information you are looking from through a Frescobaldi Snippet (which may be written in Python), but could you state more explicitly what your "small program" should be doing with your unsaved LilyPond code?

(Just to be precise the code *is saved*; Frescobaldi do this automatically when I compile the code. The problem is only to know where it is saved.)

The goal of my small application is save the snippet and the generated score. When I press a shortcut key, the snippet source file and the png (or pdf) is put online etc. etc.

I can, of course, compile and manually copy and past the path I see in the lilypond log window, but I would like to make this programmatically.

Please let me know if I have been clear.
Thank you Urs, g.

Dear Urs,

after your message I found in the Frescobaldi documentation the variable $FILE_NAME. This can be used in a snippet to get the full name (including path) of the file. Unfortunately it returns the document file name only if you previously explicitly saved the file. Uhm.... I think I will try something different.

Thank you anyway!
g.