Re: Do we have a "damp" symbol?

From: Pierre Perol-Schneider
Subject: Re: Do we have a "damp" symbol?
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2018 19:21:37 +0200

Yes Karim, or even :

%%%%%%%%%
\version "2.19.81"

\markup
%% do not use 'fontsize
\scale #'(5 . 5)
{
  \combine \bold "O"
  \path #0.2
  #'((moveto -.4 .8)(lineto 2.2 .8)
     (closepath)
     (moveto .9 -.5)(lineto .9 2.1))
}
%%%%

However, AFAIK, harpists also use the pedal sign (\musicglyph #"pedal.*")

HTH,
Cheers,
Pierre

For what it's worth i have a solution that i used, because like you i don't want to use the coda sign. So i used a markup :

damp = \markup{ \center-column {
  {\override #'(thickness . 1.8)
    \combine \draw-line #'(-1.5 . 0)
    \combine \draw-line #'(0 . -1.5)
    \combine \draw-line #'(0 . 1.5)
    \combine \draw-line #'(1.5 . 0)
    \draw-circle #0.8 #0.2 ##f
 }}}

I don't know if it the best solution but i got this  from the kurt stone notation book, and it looks rather the same.

Best
Karim

--
Karim Haddad