Re: Schenkerian analysis diagram

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Schenkerian analysis diagram
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2018 16:06:07 +0200

Simon Albrecht <address@hidden> writes:

> On 26.04.2018 23:48, Jérôme Plût wrote:
>>> I don’t think you need to patch LilyPond. Have a look at
>>> <http://git.savannah.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=lilypond.git;a=blob;f=ly/declarations-init.ly;h=5ce305aa5cc8e9603bff4d88e4046a16f3b8bc93;hb=HEAD#l73>
>>> and
>>> <http://git.savannah.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=lilypond.git;a=blob;f=ly/script-init.ly;h=d70be85ef9cf96464a9837d00e71a21925d3f0e8;hb=HEAD#l67>
>>>
>>> You can just redefine those.
>> Thanks for the pointers! I did not know that you could play with the
>> lexer by just assigning to strings, but this seems quite limited (I
>> can assign to "\\*" or "@", but neither to "@+" nor to "@foo", and
>> anything starting with a dash is also off-limits).
>>
>> On the other hand, the dashHat etc. mechanisms are hard-coded in
>> lily/parser.yy (at the script_abbreviation label), so this is the
>> place I would need to touch to add any extra shortcuts. At first sight
>> it seems that enlarging the list to -<CHAR> where <CHAR> is anything
>> different from {backslash, space, digits, #, $} would not interfere
>> with anything (since these are currently syntax errors anyway), is
>> this correct?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>

> That would be a question for David K.

I think it would be reasonable to have the shortcuts assigned in a
similar manner.  It's just that they aren't right now.

One reason may be that you can write

c -blabla

right now and that becomes a textscript as if you had written

c -"blabla"

so one has to decide what kind of shortcuts should be considered
finished after a single character.

--
David Kastrup