Re: An unusual feature request concerning FiguredBass

From: Lukas-Fabian Moser
Subject: Re: An unusual feature request concerning FiguredBass
Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2018 19:11:15 +0200

Robert,

it's easier to help you if you provide a Minimal Working Example, otherwise it's hard to know what exactly you tried.

Anyway: It's not problem at all to create multiple FiguredBass-environments. The line between them is a bit more tricky; I once used a rhythm staff with all bar lines removed for this. For example:

\version "2.19.80"

<<
  \new StaffGroup <<
    \new Staff \relative f' { <f a>1 <e a> }
    \new Staff \with {
      \override VerticalAxisGroup.staff-staff-spacing.basic-distance = 5
    }
    { \clef bass f1 c }

  \new FiguredBass \with {
    \override VerticalAxisGroup.nonstaff-unrelatedstaff-spacing = #'((basic-distance . 0)
(minimum-distance . 0)
(padding . 0.5)
(stretchability . 0))
  }
  \figuremode {
    <5>2 <6> <6>1
  }
  \new RhythmicStaff \with {
    \omit TimeSignature
    \omit BarLine
  } {
    s1*2
  }
  \new FiguredBass \with {
    \override VerticalAxisGroup.nonstaff-relatedstaff-spacing = #'((basic-distance . 0)
(minimum-distance . 0)
(padding . 0.5)
(stretchability . 0))
  } \figuremode {
    <6>1 <6>
  }

Unfortunately there remains a line connecting the RhythmicStaff to the rest of the system; there is a way to remove this, but I do not have time to look it up at the moment, I'm sorry.

Best
Lukas