Font caching problems on the Mac

From: Arle Lommel
Subject: Font caching problems on the Mac
Date: Wed, 2 May 2018 18:14:00 -0400

A while back I mentioned very long start-up times for Lilypond on the Mac and
someone suggested that the problem is with font caching. Today I was able to
confirm that as the case. I installed a number of new fonts (Noto from Google)
and suddenly Lilypond was facing extremely long load times (walk away and
prepare yourself a cup of your favorite beverage and check back to see if it’s
done recaching the fonts).

Not sure what can be done, as the inefficiency is in the font handling
mechanism.

-Arle