Re: Tempo & Markup

From: Wols Lists
Subject: Re: Tempo & Markup
Date: Fri, 4 May 2018 13:07:09 +0100

On 04/05/18 12:34, foxfanfare wrote:
> But I was wondering if I could be able to write a small function for it.
> Is it possible to change the default command "2 = 76-84" so it will take
> my own markup preferences?

Almost certainly ...

I do the same thing with the header block on my music. Brass band music
always puts the instrument on the left, orchestras (and lilypond) put it
in the centre under the title.

Find the standard code in lilypond. Take a copy of the relevant
function, and modify it to suit you. Then #include your version in the
relevant part of your music. For example, my function that I've modified
belongs in the paper block, so I include my modified version in every
paper block. Yours probably belongs in the Score block, so include it in
every score block.

Or you could replace the standard version, but that will cause problems
with upgrades ...

Cheers,
Wol