Re: fingering notation alternative

From: Gianmaria Lari
Subject: Re: fingering notation alternative
Date: Sat, 5 May 2018 22:37:27 +0200

On 5 May 2018 at 17:18, Malte Meyn <address@hidden> wrote:

Am 05.05.2018 um 16:33 schrieb Gianmaria Lari:
This is more a notation question than a lilypond question.

Does exist a standard fingering notation to indicate that a note can be played for example with 2 or 3?

I agree with David and Ralph: put them on top of each other or at oppisite sides of the staff. The latter might not always be possible or reasonable, italic numbers can help here. See also https://sourceforge.net/p/testlilyissues/issues/5074/

In some rare cases, I’ve seen both fingerings separated by a horizontal line, especially in piano music, where there are multiple fingers at the same time, f. e.

5 4 5 4 3
1 2 1 2 1
---------
5 4 3 5 4