Re: disabling \break

From: Jan-Peter Voigt
Subject: Re: disabling \break
Date: Tue, 8 May 2018 14:17:06 +0200

Hi Herbie,

this is *the* use case for the edition-engraver:
https://github.com/openlilylib/edition-engraver/
or the page-layout package
https://github.com/openlilylib/page-layout
(which is using the edition-engraver for the conditional breaks)

If you install openLilyLib (https://github.com/openlilylib/oll-core), you can make use of these packages quite easily. That way you can separate breaks and page-layout from the music-content.

So the short answer is: Yes, it is possible to add a command that avoids certain breaks for certain commands.

If you want to know more about these tools don't hesitate to ask!

HTH
Jan-Peter