Re: Adding a continuous drone to midi output

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Adding a continuous drone to midi output
Date: Thu, 24 May 2018 00:05:11 +0200

David Kastrup <address@hidden> writes:

> Karlin High <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> On 5/22/2018 3:57 PM, David Kastrup wrote:
>>> Turns out that I don't have a good idea where to document this in the
>>> manuals.
>>
>> You've already considered this one?
>>
>> <http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/notation/writing-rhythms#scaling-durations>
>
> I've not considered _any_ part of the manuals yet.  You are likely
> right, but no fun: this section of the manual would rather suggest that
> \scaleDurations should likely be made to accept the same kind of
> multiplier, and that appears, like, really icky.
>
> Do we then need a predicate factor? that will accept either a number
> pair (in lieu of a fraction) or a (non-negative?) rational or a moment?
>
> The predicate fraction? remains necessary for indicating "musical"
> fractions (used for meters and tuplets) which are not adequately
> represented with rational numbers because 3/2 and 6/4 need to be
> differentiated.

Sigh.  Added basic documentation and harmonized the functionality.

Current branch: issue5327
Tracker issue: 5327 (https://sourceforge.net/p/testlilyissues/issues/5327/)
Rietveld issue: 346810043 (https://codereview.appspot.com/346810043)
Issue description:
  Allow Scheme/identifiers for duration multipliers   Also contains
  commit:  Regtest for computed duration multipliers

--
David Kastrup