Re: attaching markup to time signature

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: attaching markup to time signature
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2018 11:43:08 -0400

Hi David,

> Is it possible to get the markup to attach to the clef or time signature only
> in the bass staff? I am getting the text to show, but it is attaching to both
> staves.

You’ve put the Balloon_engraver in the Score context, so all staves will
display balloons. Use \with on the one Staff context instead (see below). If
you need it on more than one, but not all, staves, you might consider creating
a custom StaffWithBalloons context.

Hope that helps!
Kieren.

%%%  SNIPPET BEGINS
\version "2.19.80"

melody = \relative c' {
  c4 c c c
}

stuff = {
  \balloonGrobText #'TimeSignature #'(0 . -1) \markup "test1"
  \balloonGrobText #'Clef #'(0 . -1) \markup "test2"
  \time 2/4
  c2 c
}

\score {
  \new StaffGroup
  <<
    \new Staff { \clef "treble" \melody }
    \new Staff \with {
      \consists "Balloon_engraver"
      \override BalloonTextItem.annotation-balloon = ##f
      \override BalloonTextItem.annotation-line = ##f
      \override BalloonTextItem.font-size = #-2
      \override BalloonTextItem.font-series = #'bold
    }
    { \clef "bass" \stuff }

}
%%%  SNIPPET ENDS