Re: DrumStaff question

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: DrumStaff question
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2018 23:35:14 +0200

Menu Jacques <address@hidden> writes:

> Hello folks,
>
> I can’t seem to get why the code below produces an empty 5-line first staff.
> Thanks for your help!

> \score {
>   <<
>
>     \new DrumStaff = "P_PFour_Staff_One"
>     \with {
>       instrumentName = "Snare Drum 4"
>       shortInstrumentName = "Sn. Dr."
>     }
>     \drummode
>     {%<<

At this point of time, no Voice context exists.  DrumStaff does not
accept Voice contexts (it rather takes a DrumVoice instead), so a normal
Staff needs to be created.

>       \context Voice = "P_PFour_Staff_One_Voice_One" <<
>         \P_PFour_Staff_One_Voice_One
>       >>

Since you override the clef to be a drum clef, it's a bit hard to see
that we have a normal Staff appearing.  It doesn't help that you futz
around with stopStaff and startStaff, apparently trying to fix things up
but just making it harder to see what is happening.

--
David Kastrup