Re: Add 'generic' padding between two staves (once)

From: Torsten Hämmerle
Subject: Re: Add 'generic' padding between two staves (once)
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2018 02:56:29 -0700 (MST)

Hi Andrew,

Andrew Bernard wrote
> Adding invisible spacers objects always bothered me, personally.

Me too, it's kind of a last resort.

Andrew Bernard wrote
> Have you looked at NonMusicalPaperColumn.line-break-system-details
> settings? Please
> refer to the NR Section 4.4.2 Explicit staff and system positioning (for
> 2.19).
>
> You can precisely adjust x and y coordinates of a system and have it only
> affect just the one system.

In this particular case, the explicit/absolute positioning wasn't too good
an option in my opinion, because I wanted to keep the standard flexibility
and positioning while just adding some extra distance.
Using NonMusicalPaperColumn.line-break-system-details, you'll at least need
to explicitly create a \break.

But, explicit staff and system positioning is a great way of full control
and it's good you mentioned it.

All the best,
Torsten