Re: global alignment tweak for ChordName

From: Aaron Hill
Subject: Re: global alignment tweak for ChordName
Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2018 12:25:56 -0700

On 2018-06-16 10:41, Kieren MacMillan wrote:
Hi all,

I would like my chord names to be centred until they’re of a certain
width (say as wide as Cm7), and anything wider than that would extend
to the right from a position slightly to the left of the note column
they’re attached to (as if X-offset = -1).

Hi Kieren,

This might not be precisely what you are asking about, but you could try setting `self-alignment-X` to something *between* #-1 and #0. This will allow the left edge of the chord name to lie a bit left of the corresponding note but not so far as to completely center the chord. With the default fonts, a value around #-0.4 appears to effectively center the "Cm7" portion of a "Cm7/Eb" chord over the note.

-- Aaron Hill