Re: Cannot PNG capture with Frescobaldi macOS 10.13.5

From: Joshua Nichols
Subject: Re: Cannot PNG capture with Frescobaldi macOS 10.13.5
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2018 13:15:36 -0400

I think you miss it because the functionality is within Frescobaldi itself. It's run in the preview, and it allows me to customize aliasing, resolution, etc, and it captures to png, as Ben pointed out.

Any form of screen capture would be insufficient.

Frescobaldi also allows you to automatically crop the image to the boundaries of the music, which is primarily why I use it.

--
Josh

On Fri, Jun 22, 2018 at 12:42 PM, David Wright <address@hidden> wrote:
On Fri 22 Jun 2018 at 11:38:35 (-0400), Joshua Nichols wrote:
> I have tried to install 3.0 but I cannot self-compile from the source (I am
> not capable of doing that). I also have very limited resources to install
> from a place like MacPorts.
>
> Have any other ideas?

I'm not sure what you mean by "PNG capture", whether it's PNG
generation from LP using --png, or screen capture using the
Mac equivalent of scrot, or something else entirely (I don't
use Fresco).

Would the scrot-style approach be a suitable workaround?
(I don't know whether MacOS is sufficiently unix-like to
actually run scrot.)

Cheers,
David.