Re: Change number of measures per page globally

From: Abraham Lee
Subject: Re: Change number of measures per page globally
Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2018 21:33:56 -0600

On Sun, Jun 24, 2018 at 8:35 PM <address@hidden> wrote:
‐‐‐‐‐‐‐ Original Message ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐

On June 24, 2018 4:14 PM, <address@hidden> wrote:

> On June 24, 2018 3:07 PM, Simon Albrecht address@hidden wrote:
>
> > On 24.06.2018 19:45, address@hidden wrote:
> >
> > > I looked all over the documentation and couldn't find anything close
> > >
> > > to that, other than manually inserting page breaks on each part that
> > >
> > > composes a score, which is time comsuming and...
> >
> > You don’t need page breaks in every part. If we assume that 100 bars are
> >
> > to be split on 10 pages, just define something like
> >
> > aux = \new NullVoice \repeat unfold 9 { s1*10 \pageBreak }
> >
> > and include it in parallel (using <<>>) with your normal music variables.
> >
> > > I don't want every single staff to have the same number of measures
> > >
> > > per line, as some of those will have several multi bar rests, for example.
> >
> > This begs the question what your use case is, but maybe it doesn’t matter…
> >
> > HTH, Simon
>
> ==
>
> The use case is a conductor score that's inside a bookpart. All instrument parts are separate files. The original where this score comes from has 8 measures per page for a piece that has 65 measures.

I tested the proposed solution and...while that does exactly what I want, it also prints an empty staff on top of the conductor score up until the pages it extends to.

If you put the *voices* in parallel, within the same Staff, then it will work as Simon explained:

\new Staff << \aux \realNotes >>

A common mistake is putting that variable in parallel with the Staff:

<<
  \new Staff
  \aux

This will create an extra staff implicitly.

HTH,
Abraham