Repeat question

From: Menu Jacques
Subject: Repeat question
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2018 19:39:18 +0200

Hello folks,

I have a MusicXML file that displays differently with musicxml2ly:

than with MuseScore or Finale:

In order to obtain the same score a MuseScore or Finale, I have to uncomment the enclosing \repeat in the code.

Is it right then that there are two nested repeats in such a score?

Thanks for your help!

JM

%%%%%%%%%%%%

\version "2.19.58"
% automatically converted by musicxml2ly from BackwardStopBarline.xml_inter.xml

\header {
  texidoc =
  "Nested repeats, each with
          alternative endings."
}

\layout {
  \context {
    \Score
    autoBeaming = ##f
PartPOneVoiceOne =  \relative c' {
 % \repeat volta 2 {
    \repeat volta 2 {
      \clef "treble" \key c \major \time 4/4 | % 1
      c1
    }
    \alternative {
      {
        | % 2
        e'1
      }
      {
        | % 3
        f1
      }
    } | % 4
 % }
  g1 \bar "|."
}

% The score definition
\score {
  <<

    \new Staff
    <<

      \context Staff <<
        \mergeDifferentlyDottedOn\mergeDifferentlyHeadedOn
        \context Voice = "PartPOneVoiceOne" {  \PartPOneVoiceOne }

  \layout {}
  % To create MIDI output, uncomment the following line:
  %  \midi {\tempo 4 = 100 }
}