music-function name shadowing a Scheme keyword

From: Urs Liska
Subject: music-function name shadowing a Scheme keyword
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2018 22:43:56 +0200

Hi all,

I've mostly completed the implementation of a "span" module that provides the \span music-function, which is roughly the same as the HTML <span class=""> element.

Nearly everything works fine by now, and I've been very happy with the name - until I realized that a music-function \span can be invoked from Scheme with (span), and that this shadows the Scheme procedure span from SRFI-1.

Am I right to assume that this *can* work - as long as no user of my package will think of using the original Scheme function?

Is there any way to get around this without renaming my music function?

Urs