Re: Need help creating Scheme functions to automate includes of many sco

From: Aaron Hill
Subject: Re: Need help creating Scheme functions to automate includes of many scores in a project
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2018 15:41:32 -0700

On 2018-06-25 22:42, Urs Liska wrote:
Also, not directly. But you can make it happen.
Basically you have to define some variable in the top-level file, say
#(define is-main-file #t). Then you can check in the included file for
#(if (defined? is-main-file)

That was the general idea I was thinking for a workaround, possibly building on the tag system that already exists.

You may look at this file:
https://git.openlilylib.org/bfsc/das-trunkne-lied/blob/master/library/ly/makescore/compile-segment.ily
which does more or less what you are looking for.
However, I don't know whether that is at all understandable,
especially on its own. But it might give you an idea.

Actually, that was perfectly clear.  Thanks!

Speaking of openlilylib, I have seen you and others recommend it on many occasions. The openlilylib.org website, though, appears to be all placeholder content. The GitHub for openlilylib/oll-core mentions everything is in pre-alpha state, which does explain things. So is the only option, then, to just dive into the code at this point? Would there be a particular subset of plugins (e.g. edition-engraver) that you feel are most representative of the project?

-- Aaron Hill