Re: \bookparts and scaling

From: Ralph Palmer
Subject: Re: \bookparts and scaling
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2018 20:41:39 -0400

On Tue, Jun 26, 2018 at 2:13 PM <address@hidden> wrote:
Ativo 26 de jun de 2018 01:25, < address@hidden> escreveu:

After some searching and some dead ends (due to the fact that the standard lilypond snippet site doesn't open in qutebrowser), I can't seem to find a way of solving this one. I'm trying to get a single pdf with all different parts of the main score and the main score. After some testing done while the conductor score was being worked on, I set the global staff size to 11, which gives a nice fit for the conductor score. Now, that size is too small for the separate parts, making the entire score only take 1/3 of an A4 sheet. After some searching, I found in the documentation that you should use #(layout-set-staff-size) for individual parts. Problem with that is that doing this keeps the staff at the same global size and only makes the other elements of the staff larger. Also tried doing another #(set-global-staff-size) on the different bookpart and that makes the part score the correct size...While completely butchering the conductor score. Is this because #(set-global-staff-size) overrides everything or because what it does it's different than what #(layout-set-staff-size) does? There's not much information on the regular documentation apart from what boils down to:

- To change the size of everything, you use #(set-global-staff-size)

- Otherwise, use #(layout-set-staff-size) for changing the size of each part individually.

​Hi, crimsonsunrise -

Could you possibly give us an image of what you're trying to do, as well as a minimum working example ​of your problem? You're much more likely to get an intelligible response if you do.

All the best,

Ralph

--
Ralph Palmer