Re: Reusability of lilypond code?

From: Aaron Hill
Subject: Re: Reusability of lilypond code?
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2018 04:47:18 -0700

On 2018-06-27 04:08, address@hidden wrote:
What I would like to have is a simple switch in lilypond that
hides the duplicated markup, so that I can use the same variables for
both use cases.

You mentioned finding some proposed solutions already, so I hope I am not just reiterating something you already looked at.

Tags might be a reasonably simple option here. You can tag any elements that you only want to show up when the part is used by itself. Then it is easy to reference the part and conditionally include or exclude the elements in question. See the following documentation on tags which includes examples:

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/notation/different-editions-from-one-source#using-tags

-- Aaron Hill