Re: Custom clef horizontal adjustment.

From: Orm Finnendahl
Subject: Re: Custom clef horizontal adjustment.
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2018 10:27:33 +0200

Hi David,

 good you figured it out. As I'm doing this stuff frequently, here are
some remarks, maybe it's useful for you:

Am Freitag, den 06. Juli 2018 um 01:49:09 Uhr (-0400) schrieb dfro:
> I figured out why copying and pasting the postscript code did not
> work. The 'lineto, moveto, curveto' commands must come before the
> numbers in the \path-like version, whereas in the postscript version
> the 'lineto, moveto, curveto' commands come after the numbers.

If I'm not mistaken, the name "Postsript" is actually related to the
fact, that it is a postfix programming language ;-) There are lots of
tutorials on Postscript in the net and I'd recommend reading some of
them and learning the basics. Postscript is turing complete and
therefore a very powerful programming language.

your postscript code, all drawing afterwards will be scaled or
translated accordingly. That might save you some number editing using
spreadsheets. In Postscript you can also create macro-like
definitions, build dictionaries and such. If you use emacs as a text
editor, you can explore postscript in a very similar fashion as
lilypond out of the box: Type the code in a text window and evaluate
it to see the graphics shown in another window.

When I design custom clefs or symbols for lilypond, I normally start
by using inkscape (https://www.inkscape.org) for importing, drawing
and exporting to ps or eps format and then open it in emacs and
adjust/reduce the code.

HTH,
Orm