Easiest way to call one voice (for parts)?

From: Ben
Subject: Easiest way to call one voice (for parts)?
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2018 13:49:50 -0400

Hi everyone,

I have a question about the score I am working on at the moment, for a group. These are not my original .ly files however I am in the process of fine-tuning / cleaning them up and primarily focusing on engraving a finished product with parts for players.

For this, please assume that partcombine was not planned for and used from the beginning with this project, and that the voices were all set up across all the orchestral instruments (as below), so with that: what's the easiest, fastest way I could put each voice on it's own staff for each player of each instrument?

Structure-wise, I am lost a bit with the scope of the orchestration so I am sorry if this is a silly question but I appreciate the help!

I know the normal way of using new staves and putting your instruments on them, but...putting voices only?

I've never had to do that before in this fashion. I usually use variables and voices/partcombine differently from the beginning...

Thank you!

-------

(essentially I'd like to be able to somehow do something like << \new Staff \fluone >> etc. efficiently)

%%%%% A re-created version of the structure of this orchestral piece

\version "2.19.81"

flutes = \relative c'' {
  <<
  \new Voice = "fluone"
  { \voiceOne r8 r16 g e8. f16 g8[ c,] f e16 d }
  \\
 \new Voice = "flutwo"
  { \voiceTwo d16 c d8~ d16 b c8~ c16 b c8~ c16 b8. }

      c1 d e f g
       <<
  \new Voice = "fluone"
  { \voiceOne r8 r16 g e8. f16 g8[ c,] f e16 d }
  \\
 \new Voice = "flutwo"
  { \voiceTwo d16 c d8~ d16 b c8~ c16 b c8~ c16 b8. }

  c1 d e f g
}

\new Staff = "flutes"
\with {