Re: Random output in LilyPond Log

From: Freeman Gilmore
Subject: Re: Random output in LilyPond Log
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2018 17:04:18 -0400

On Thu, Jul 12, 2018 at 4:54 PM, Urs Liska <address@hidden> wrote:

Hi Freeman,

I'm not completely sure about the internals but #(display) procduces its output in some unpredictable manner. Sometimes, when you (display) some very large structures it may be totally interrupted by other output (at least in Frescobaldi).

When you want more reliable output (especially if you want to follow the order of operations) you could rather use

mylist = #(list 'red random 12)
#(ly:message "My list: ~a" mylist)

Good luck
Urs