how to refer to partial first bar using edition-engraver

From: Mason Hock
Subject: how to refer to partial first bar using edition-engraver
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2018 15:09:20 -0700

I have a score beginning with an 8th note pickup and want to place a \mark
above the first note using edition-engraver. Edition-engraver appears to
consider the first complete bar to be bar "1" and the timing mark "2 0/4"
places tweaks at the beginning of the second complete bar. Therefore, my
instinct was to use "0 7/8" for the bar/beat timing, but nothing appeared
whether I used \mark or \markup. Next I tried "0 0/4" and got the same result.
Interestingly, "1 0/4" places a \markup above the first complete bar, which is
what I expected, but it places \mark in two locations, over the first note and
over the clef. Placing a \mark over the first complete bar directly in the
music, as opposed to using edition-engraver, places it as expected.

What is the correct way to place an editionMod in a partial bar? Here is a
minimal example of the resutls described above:

\include "oll-core/package.ily"
\loadPackage edition-engraver

\editionMod all 2 0/4 score.staff.Voice ->
\editionMod all 2 0/4 score.staff.Voice \f
\editionMod all 0 0/4 score.Score ^\markup { "markup1" }
\editionMod all 0 0/4 score.Score \mark "mark1"
\editionMod all 0 7/8 score.Score ^\markup { "markup2" }
\editionMod all 0 7/8 score.Score \mark "mark2"
\editionMod all 1 0/4 score.Score ^\markup { "markup3" }
\editionMod all 1 0/4 score.Score \mark "mark3"

\consistToContexts #edition-engraver Score.Staff.Voice
\addEdition all

\score {
  <<
  \new Staff \with { \editionID staff }